Monday, August 13, 2012

Email 8-13-12

Hello everybody I hope that you are all doing well and are super happy and loving life. This last week was a bit of a change for me. Everything was hunky dory on Monday. It was the week of changes in the mission but I was sure that I was going to stay in Ybate and keep working my butt off trying to find people to teach and baptize. My companion started getting the changes around 10 15 at night. Why the Assistants waited so long to give us the changes I have no idea why. But I was just casually listening because I was interested where the other missionaries were going to go. Finally it got to my name and I kinda just stopped listening. And then Elder Clement said that I was leaving. WHAT? No way. He had to be joking. I grabbed the phone from my companion and asked him if he was joking. He said no. I thought he was, so I asked him where I was going. He told me that I was going to be going to Cuidad Del Este. Nah, I had already been in CDE before and usually the missionaries never go there twice because it’s a high vacation spot for missionaries. But He just kept going as if he was serious and that my companion was going to be my old Zone leader Elder Ponce from Zone 3 in Nemby. Nahhhhhh liar ¨Japua¨ And then he said that my companion was going to be with Elder Schone. Another Zone leader. Elder Schone was the other missionary in the Airport in St. George that left with me, remember? Ya he is a Zone leader as well. I think we are somehow related to them right? But anyway he ended the call and hung up on me. What? No way. I thought he was lying so I thought I would let him have his fun. So the next day I didn´t pack or anything because I was sure that I wasn´t going to leave that area. We had a normal day and we actually found 4 news and they all accepted fecha. And then about 6 o´clock I got another call from the Assistants that they forgot to tell one of the companionships names for the changes and so I asked again if I was going to leave because I was sure that he wouldn´t lie to me in that moment because it seemed like they had a lot to do. And So I asked him ¨ Elder Clement, You gotta be lying to me. There is no way that I´m going to CDE again.¨ He said ¨Yep you’re going and I’m not joking, hope you got your bags packed¨ Ahhh soo yes I left. It was cool because it seems like the president made huge changes in the mission. The whole Zone got changed out. Every companionship had a change. Normally we all go to the bus terminal to meet our new companions and go to our new areas. There were a TON of missionaries there. It was like the president changed every companionship in the whole mission. I got to see almost all my good friends and old companions. I learned that Elder Dockstader my old comp from Ytororo was going to Pre Franco, my first area. So I got to sit with him on the bus and talk about all the good times we had in Ytororo and how all the members and my converts were doing. It was a little depressing because I found out that some of them fell a little, but it was good for me so that I can write them a letter and pray more often for them. We got to CDE and it was almost exactly how I remembered it. With the Red Dirt that pretty much makes anything dirty in a matter of minutes, and the feeling of a lack of spirituality from the amount of evil that generates from the city. It’s pretty much like a Las Vegas Version of Paraguay. Not so much in the extreme but it’s a pretty rough spot to do missionary work. But hey you gotta love it.
My new comp is Elder Ponce from Honduras. Its seems that I am destined to end my mission with all latin companions. hahaha
We got to the new house and ditched our stuff and set out to work. My new area is HUGE. I thought that Franco was huge… This area doesn´t have a limit. it’s about 6 blocks in width, but the length goes on for maybe 2 hours by bus. It was crazy that we will probably never work out there where there is nothing but grass and cows. But I am loving this area until now. We started on Wednesday with 0 news for the week and no one who was progressing and wanting to go to church, On Sunday we had 18 people with a baptism date, 7 people in church and 5 people progressing. We are gonna have a baptism from someone that we found on the 25th of this month. The Aquino family. They have been wanting to get baptized but the elders stopped passing by and we found them and they already have gone to church and so they only need to go 2 more times. They went to church on Sunday and practically are members. Wow, I love my new area. My comp is amazing. He is a little rough around the edges in the form that sometimes we have a tough time communicating but it seems like he likes working with me mostly because he is having success now. I hope we can keep up this excitement and faith. The ward is HUGE we had 167 people in church on Sunday. That is the biggest ward in the mission. Wow!!!!!!!!! They are all excited to help us and a lot of people gave us references to people that we can teach. I have only been in my area for 5 days and already I am seeing the hand of the Lord and the blessings that come from being obedient and working hard in every moment. Ya who said that it would be easy, but I love seeing a miracle. I love you all and hope you have an awesome week because I will be having one. ITS GETTING SUPER HOT AGAIN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WINTER.

ROHAYHU FAMILIA, ROHAYHU PARAGUAY

eLDER bEATTY

No comments:

Post a Comment