Monday, October 8, 2012

Email 10/8/12

Wow I can´t even imagine how fast the time has seem to fly by. At first I have to ask forgiveness for not getting a letter off. I found myself in a stressful picturing sending situation and didn’t have time to write anything. I hope that right now I can get off enough material to satisfy you all and your hunger to know really what’s going down with Elder Beatty in Paraguay.
Wow wasn´t conference just super amazing. It was all topped off with the announcement by President Monson of the younger missionaries being able to serve. I thought that really it is a sign once again that this is a progressing church. It is not dead. We have living beings that can receive the guidance of heaven for the body of Christ here on earth. It truly marvels me to see the example of them and how they are patient in all things and rely on the Lord to direct His church. May we all have this same desire to look unto to Christ so that He can also guide our lives through the Holy Ghost. I loved looking at the faces of the young men in the audience and seeing how their mouths were wide open. Really it will be a great blessing for the world to have young people showing them how to follow christ in his gospel. I also liked the emphasis that the first presidency put on the misisonaries acutally being ready to go on a mission. Just because a young man turns 18 doesn´t mean that he has to just pack up his bags and head out. I would like to bear my testimony that mission preparation is something real. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A TESTIMONY BEFORE LEAVING. YOU HAVE TO LIVE THE GOSPEL OF REPENTANCE BEFORE LEAVING. YOU HAVE TO READ THE BOOK MORMON AND KNOW THAT IT IS TRUE BEFORE LEAVING. I will have to admit that I really wasn´t quite as ready as I should have been. I know that we really need to be immersed in the gospel as much as we can because the world is a totally different place than southern Utah. I wouldn´t want to say this to scare anyone. But I know that really as we strive to prepare BEFORE we will reap of the blessings DURING and AFTER.


I just loved in conference how they focused on saying a few keys words and makings sure that they said them practically every time. Things like True Repentance. What is true repentance? How can I know when I am truly repented? You will know when the Holy Ghost has born testimony to your soul that God remembers your sins no more. I loved how they talked about conversion. About having a testimony and then living it. Knowing that these things are true and then being true to those things. Really the gospel of Jesus Christ is what gives us the healing power to prepare our soul for eternity. I loved them talking about the family. It gave me great moments of reflection about how I have been blessed with my family and how that really I have had my parents as examples to me for longer than I can remember. It made me think about the principles that I would place into the walls of my home. The things that I would teach and the things that I would do. So that I and my family can become to be converted in Christ and form a home that is strong and founded upon the Rock.


I loved hearing from the Apostles and how their testimonies are so personal. How we can come to know Christ by living HIS gospel and following His ways. We don´t have to see Him. But some day we will. I was hearing from a few missionaries that they were a little tired of hearing the same stuff over and over and over again. That they wanted something new. That they wanted the prophet to gives us something that was fresh and that would expound our knowledge. I couldn´t help thinking to myself ¨You really want to be blessed with more commandments when you can´t even get up on time in the morning? ¨ It really helped me see that obedience is a heavenly law and that it will be the bases for our relationship with Christ. I loved seeing that even faith is related to reason. That we need both to being able to be flying stably on the plane of life. I loved the question by Elder Holland ¨DO YOU LOVE ME?¨ it helped me see that really some day we will answer that question and that we will have to answer the truth. What will you answer? I love general conference. It made me a little sad to walk into the main room on Saturday to see it empty but I know that someday every ear will hear and every eye will see the progress that the Lord´s church is making and the revelations that will bless our lives.


On other news I have learned that my convert in ybate Epifanio Ortiz this next week will be performing the baptisms of three people,  His dad and his two sons. I was super pumped to hear those announcements and we super excited to know that epifanio has fallen in love with the gospel. I know that he knows that the church is true. I heard from a missionary that had the chance to talk to him that before his baptism he really didn´t understand all the stuff he was learning and he really didn´t know if the church was the ONLY true church. But he said that when we invited him to be baptized he felt that it was the right thing to do and that he had to do it in this church. I am so glad to know now that he has formed his testimony and is sharing it with others. ¨How great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me¨ I love you all. I love this mission. Really this is the best mission in the world. Start preparing Austen and Naomi and even Larson. You guys are up next to bat in the field of missionary service. WHOOOOTTT


Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment