Monday, December 31, 2012

Email 12/31/12

Ollo…
This week has been a little bit of a rough one for us. We worked pretty good on Tuesday. I went on divisions to an area called Lucerito. I was with an Elder Shelley. He is a super cool guy from Mesa. We just kept on working and tried our hardest to just stay focused especially on Christmas. We got a super super good lomito arabe (a type of tenderloin) when we got home. It was probably the best one that I have eaten in the entire mission. It’s a little hard sometimes because we have a zone that is sooooo huge. We have to do divisions with missionaries in the zone maybe twice or three times a week. I usually get back to my area dead tired because in all those areas all we do all day is just look for new people to teach. It’s very very draining, but I know that I just need to keep moving forward. I was sent here for a reason and we are going to get things moving in the zone. Other than divisions this week we really haven´t been up to much. We have some really super cool investigators that we are teaching but a lot of the them its super super hard to find them in the their houses because of the crazy schedule that they have during Christmas time. We just kept a smiley face on and worked our butts off. We had a little bit of a rough week because we were both sick a little. I had a really high fever and large headache and my comp was suffering with stomach pains and diarrhea but we just kept going and kept working as best as we could and in the end the Lord blessed us.

We woke up on Sunday and it was raining. Really here in Paraguay the rain is what makes people really just not want to do anything. During the week even if it rains a little, kids won´t go to school, just because it’s raining. So can you imagine what happens when it rains and people need to go to church? Yeah, they really don´t take it as a priority. So we were a little frustrated because we had so many people planned to come to church and our chances of getting them there was very very slim. But we decided to keep our heads up and to go out and do all that we could do to get someone in church. The Lord blessed us. As we walked into church we looked and one of our investigators had come and she had brought all of her kids as well. Our member had kept her commitment and had brought the investigator. Ahh I had to offer a prayer of thanks to our Heavenly Father. Really I have come to realize that He loves us so much that even the little tiny things that will make us happy He is willing to give us. Imagine how much more willing He is to bless us with something that is actually important. It all depends on our faith and if we are willing to keep doing the things that we know that we should do. As we do them the Lord will bless us. I have had hundreds of experiences that confirm that promise and I am sure that He will continue to keep that promise.

We had an interesting run in with a pastor this week and really it just got me thinking about how blessed I am to be one the chosen sons of God; to have been born in the gospel. I have been given the key to knowing the truth and I wouldn´t give it up for anything. It makes me sad sometimes seeing how much people suffer because of false doctrine and how Satan can have a hold so strong on people and their actions, but usually that feeling of stress and failure is followed by a beautiful spiritual confirmation of my calling as a missionary. That that is the purpose why I am here and I am to be the Lord’s mouth and hands here upon the earth to help His sons and daughters reach that level of understand and peace that can only come through living the truth gospel of Christ, which is a gospel of repentance.

I know that God is real. He is a person that has such an intimate love for every single person that I can´t even begin to describe it. I am gaining that love. One act of service at a time and one act of submission to the Lord at a time. I love you all and hope you have a happy new year. Think of the future, make goals, and act. ¨Our destiny is determined by our decisions.¨ Pres Monson. It is not chance, or fate that controls our destiny. WE CONTROL IT!

ROHAYHU PARAGUAY, HA CHE FAMILIA AVEI
Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment