Monday, March 4, 2013

Email 3/4/13

Hello everyone,

The time just seems to pass by faster and faster. This week was still a tough one but really in comparison with the week before I feel much more confident in what the Lord has done to help us. Yeah I know that my last letter was a little low and depressing but I am looking at it more like a refiner´s fire. We go through problems and difficulties so that we can learn to rely on the Lord and what He can do for us. A lot of times we as members believe in Christ, that He exists and that He is a person. But, we often times forget to believe Christ, or in other words, believe in His power to heal, to free, to help, and to save. I have really gained a personal testimony of that power. Not only by seeing it work in the lives of other people. Missionary work is hard. Sometimes we joke around when we are with lots of other missionaries about what we thought of the mission before we got here. Oh dang its going to be so easy. Go out, learn a new language, eat some cool new food, see some crazy things, teach some people, and baptize. Yeah good luck. Really in the end missionary work comes down to what it is called..... WORK..... It’s not easy. And it wasn´t meant to be easy. But in the end it is supposed to help us learn to believe Christ. As we continue through our trials humbly and doing the will of the Lord, we are strengthened. We find peace that comes from an everlasting fountain of truth and light. Yeah things aren’t getting any easier here in our area but I am becoming stronger. Its comes down to a quote that I have written in the front of my agenda.

“That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do, not that the nature of the thing itself has changed, but that our power to do is increased.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I can´t even begin to describe how this statement is true. Not just in a worldly sense but also in a spiritual sense. If we have problems with the commandments and we try and try and pray and do all we can to overcome our problems, the Lord will bless us and strengthen us so that we can have the power to overcome our problems. Try reading the last verse of 1st Nephi the last paragraph. It gives a great description of what I just explained but it is scripture.

Other than that very emotional part of my letter we have been keeping rather busy with other zone leader part missionary stuff. This week we had changes. It’s looking like I am going to stay in my area for another change and work with Elder Velasquez. He is a good missionary and really wants to see more success. He is overall happy most of the time and is very flexible in things to change. We are going to change a few things in how we are working this change but I feel that we are going to really have a successful change together. We had a good amount of changes in the Zone. We got 2 more missionaries so that brings us to 28 missionaries in the zone. We have the largest zone that I have ever heard of….. ahhhhh. Those 2 more missionaries are being brought into Nemby. So we are going to have 6 missionaries in our ward. 2 Elders and 4 sisters. AHHHHHHH The ward is really excited to keep working and we are hoping to just explode Nemby. Other things that we had going on this week was that we did divisions. I went out of our area and worked in a small distinct little area. I would like you to imagine that little town off the movie “Cars”...Radiator Springs. Yeah it was like that. The missionaries that are out there are really good ones, but have been struggling finding people, hahah as you can imagine. We got out there and tore it up. We found 8 news and we put them all with fecha. We taught roughly 10 lessons. It was a little tough because there was a ton of people out there that only spoke Guarani and so we had some problems in teaching them. Really I don´t know if you can imagine trying to teach someone who only understands Guarani and I can only speak a little GuaranĂ­. We talked about baptism. We would use lots and lots of pictures and hand motions, along with the limited 25 words in GuaranĂ­ that I know hahahaha We put them with a baptismal date and I don´t know how, but they went to church. hahahahah so that was just a great day. My comp and the other missionary didn´t have too much success in our area but it’s ok we just love looking for miracles.

We had another crazy day on Thursday we found out that a companionship had to be moved out of their house. And we had to do it in that moment. Wow we were running around like crazy trying to find some people to bring a truck and help move all the stuff as well as take out the air conditioning. In the end we got done around nine and we had to run home to get back before nine thirty. We got it all done but it sure was crazy. Other crazy stuff was that as we were sharing a little bit with a family, the dad is an X bishop, we were finishing up the lesson and the dad turned to me and grabbed my leg and told me that I was going to be a future apostle. Wow 2 people in two years telling me that I will be an apostle. Yeah Sure. hahah Those moments are always weird because you don´t want to laugh at their comment because they are being serious but it’s very very hard to be like yeah sure I’m going to be one. hahaha.
It’s just weird the stuff that goes down in the mission.

In the end we are doing good. We just keep moving along and keep trying to do the Lords will and to find His chosen people. I just love it here in the mission. It’s hard but it’s great…Just like a sugar cube. I love you all and hope that you have a super awesome week.

Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment