Monday, September 26, 2011

Email 9-19-11

September 19, 2011

Hey everyone it’s been another great week here in the PARA guay. Sorry I didn't get an email out last week. Things have just been so crazy here that sometimes I get caught up in what’s going on and forget altogether that I need to get an email out.

One thing that I found this last week that has been really awesome in applying to our investigators, is  Captain Moroni that is mentioned in Alma. Saying that he was a man of sound resolve that understands both things temporal and Spiritual. Also, that if all men were like unto the Captain Moroni then the very powers of hell would be shaken forever. We shared this scripture with one of the investigators, Pablo. We explained that Captain Moroni was not a prophet but was worthy of having the companionship of the Holy Ghost and that made all the difference. Because of his resolve to live the gospel; he was able to be successful as the leader of the armies of the Nephites. This was great for him. Somehow Pablo brought up the topic of the priesthood. He asked if we needed to have the priesthood in order to live with God again. wow...... Perfect question...... We told him that the priesthood LITERALLY was the power of God given to man to use for the salvation of the people. He asked if we had it and we said yes!! We told him that with this power he could bless his family with blessings that he couldn't comprehend. He is a great thinker for being a young man of 21 with a 4 week old baby. He really is prepared but still we are having trouble getting a sedula for his wife so they can get married and then be baptized. Please pray for him.

I was reading in the Ensign this last week and I stumbled upon a talk by Henry B Eyring. He gave some great council about trials that we face as Latter Day Saints. He related that we see trails as rain and clouds. Really if you think about it, it rains on everyone and just because we see clouds doesn't mean that it’s going to rain. We aren't the only ones that are facing trials in this world as Latter Day Saints. We only have more, because the tempter is always out to see our weaknesses. That is why we need to protect ourselves with the umbrella of the gospel.

Yes, I think I would just have to announce to everyone that yes!!...... I'M AN UNCLE. Everyone that I tell here freaks out for me and say that I’m too young to be an uncle, but I guess it’s all true. Congrats Tia and Ben. As far as the name is concerned I really like it actually.  (Trey Jack Stout)

One thing I guess that has been a little funny was a learning experience that we went through this last week. Don't blame me for what happened I was just an innocent bystander in all this. This has been happening through the mission a lot lately. To get people to stop smoking is really a problem here. I guess to get someone to stop smoking you just get them to eat 3 cigarettes and then 4 more. Um… I don’t know if that is healthiest thing ever, but it definitely seems to work. So if you need help with someone that is smoking there you go.

This last week I have been thinking a lot about what goes on in the life of a missionary. We have a lot of stuff that we have to put up with. We learn an insanely amount of patience. I hope that if you see the missionaries; please, say” thank you” for the work they are doing. It’s tough, the amount of patience we have to have in our investigators, members, and just plain ol people. If you are asked to help a missionary, please help them. It’s rather discouraging when we are trying to find someone to come with us out of the ward and yes, none of them can. It’s so much better to have a member there because the investigator can feel that they can relate to a normal person besides the freaky boys in white.

I hope you all have the spirit of the Lord with you this next week and I hope you all have luck in your doings. Oh if you wrote me letter. I probably wrote you back but yes the mail system takes a very very long time. Please if your waiting be patient as I am. I love hearing from you all.  (He found out that the package of letters that he sent was too heavy and would take 3 months to get here.L)

Amo a mi familia, para siempre.




-Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment