Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Email 3-26-12

2012.Mar.27

Hello all,  

This week has been a good and satisfying week.  Its hard to believe really that this change is almost over and that I will most likely be saying goodbye to elder Bingham pretty soon. Its kinda weird because president has been telling us that the older comps will be staying in the area longer and then he tells all the younger comps to be prepared to stay and to know their area.  Its sooo confusing because the president leads us on this wild rollercoaster ride of emotions of who will be staying or not.  AHHH its ok because I know Elder Bingham will do good wherever he goes. Ya we have had our tough moments but usually we could always come out with a laugh and just keep pressing forward.  This last week was more difficult in trying to find someone to teach.  I´m sure I have talked with everyone in my area this last week but not a single one really wanted to let us teach them.  It was really frustrating looking back and not really have accomplished anything, but then I look at the other blessings that the Lord gave us this last week.  We got everything all figured out for Jorge and Ivan´s baptism on this Friday.  As a companionship we are getting along great.  Just like brothers.  The ward isn´t angry at us.  And we are still both progressing spiritually.  
We had many experiences this last week of talking to people of many different characters.  One of the experiences that we had was that we were walking along one of the streets and right now the grapefruits are in season.  They are fairly large here, probably the size of a softball but a lot harder hahaha.  Anyway we were just walking and a group of teens started yelling at us as we were coming towards them.  We just thought that we would just ignore them,  mostly because they were yelling in Guarani and I could only pick out bits and pieces of what they were saying, but then they started throwing these grapefruits at us.  So we decided to run.  One hit my comp in the back of the head and he got a good sized goose egg on this head and one hit me in the shoulder.  I learned my lesson.  That if I was every in a food fight.... go straight for the grapefruits. J 
On Wednesday we ran into a crazy rainstorm from the north.  I think that I would have to say that I love the South American rainstorms because there is a lot of lightning and they are LOUD.  We were just walking around and all the rain started coming down with a ton of lightning and so we went back to the house to get our raingear and the lightning kept going and every time the thunder would come it would just shake the house.  It was pretty cool but scary at the same time.  We went to play soccer that night and there was nobody who came to play because of the rain.  But I guess the chapel just got a new................................ PING PONG TABLE!!!!!!!! WHOOT!!!!!!
We were so pumped to hear that we were getting a ping pong table.  I haven’t gotten to play on it yet.  All the Paraguayans say that they are sooo professional, but these South Americans are gonna get a taste of some gringo power.  I just tell everyone that really I was born in China and then they get scared hahahaha
On Saturday Elder Bingham finally got sick.  He hasn´t gotten his first shot of hard core diarrhea and this Saturday was it.  He was super super sick.  We didn´t get to leave the house mostly because he didn’t have the strength to leave his bed.  I felt bad for him for a second but then I had to remember that we all go through that stage and we have to get over it. hahahah ya that’s probably bad that I thought that but its ok because he got over it.  Its been pretty cloudy and raining ever since Sunday.  Which is a huge relief because the heat was just killing us lately with how humid it has been. 
This last week I have really been focusing on getting prepared for general conference that is coming.  Everytime I start thinking about conference I keep going back to the same thought about how today is the day and now is the hour to make the decision to do whatever the prophets will tell us to do this weekend.  Yes some of the stuff may be difficult, maybe even sad, but in the end it will bring us true happiness.  But if we make the decision now to listen and to ACT we won´t have trouble when that moment comes.  Also I think about council that we have received about having our ¨favorite prophet¨ This is a terrible thing that we need to get rid of.  The most important prophet is the one that God sends to us in that moment.  It could be the words in the scriptures or from past latter-day prophets, but we should get rid of the thought process that some prophets are more exciting than others or are more strong because they are all men sent by God and we all need to pay attention to their words because they are for us.  I am so excited to be able hear the council from the prophets for us.  I love you all and hope that you have the spirit with you this week and are striving to feel his presence.

rohyhu mi familia

--
Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment