Monday, April 9, 2012

Email 4-2-12

Wow what a crazy week.  But it is a week for rejoicing because Jorge and Ivan got baptized.  YEAAAAHHHH  They got baptized on the Friday before conference.  It was a little hectic like baptisms always are.  We ended up having to make the cake because the Hermana who was supposed to make it didn’t have time.  We had to run to the store and then make it.  We decided to run by the church earlier to make sure that the church was clean.  We walked in and found that the fount was still full from the baptism that the other Elders had.  So I’m super glad the spirit told us to go by the church and clean the font because it was all stinking and smelly.  So we had to empty the font using buckets and in our church clothes.  After that we decided to make sure that the other elders would be bringing the baptism clothes.  We called them and they didn’t have the clothes so we had to find the baptismal clothes.  And to find out that the other elders in our district had taken the clothes we went to their area and had to get the clothes.  Thank goodness that they were clean.  The baptism was scheduled to start at 630.  All the members had shown up by about 645 but Jorge and Ivan still weren’t there.  We still had to get them changed and taken pictures and baptized all before it got dark, because people don’t walk around after it gets dark because its dangerous.  Finally they came and we got everything figured out and everything went well.  Jorge had to move out of his house so that he could get baptized.  He did.  He has such a strong testimony for the Lord’s promises for us.  He puts so much faith into the little things that its hard to believe that someone who isn’t a member yet; can sacrifice so much.  Now he is a member and he will be the example to his family.  He came to general conference and loved every second about it.  It gave him even more excitement about his family to know that the Lord really does care about what happens with his family.  Ivan, hahahah good ol Ivan.  He didn’t come but still he is a great kid.  He is going to be a great example to the rest of his family who came to his baptismal service.  It was the first time in years that the mom and the dad had been to the church.  His older Brother Fabbian baptized him.  He didn’t get it right the first time but after it all, they were sooo happy.  They just couldn’t stop hugging us and telling us thank you.  It made me so happy to think that through the baptism of this little kid the spirit of the Lord has touched the family and they are all coming to church again.  It just goes to show to me that the Lord works through us to bring out his designs for all people.  I’m so thankful to have been able to get to know both Ivan and Jorge.  They are both so special to my heart and have helped me become closer to God and his children.  

On another Note… wasn’t conference just awesome.  It really was such a blessing for me to be able to listen to the words of the prophets.  They had a little bit of technical problems so we didn’t get to listen to the priesthood session, but I’m sure that it was amazing.  I can’t believe how fast the time goes by when you are distinctly listening to try and hear Gods voice in the words that the apostles speak.  It fills me with love and peace to know that yes we are still guided by a true prophet who loves us, just as God and Jesus love us.  One of the talks that I really enjoyed was by the Donald Hallstrom guy. He talked about being active in the gospel of Jesus Christ and not just the church.  Being active in repentance is a daily process that takes time persistence and love.  I hope that we can all be professional "repenters" so that we can more fully come to enjoy the blessings of the spirit in our lives.  I love this gospel, I love this church, I love my God and my Savior.  I love my family, and my mission service.  I can’t image what my life would be like without this special time that I have now to fight for the Savior.  To be the Saviors hands.  To give service to others and help them come unto their eternal creator.  I love you all and hope you have a super fantastic week.
Rohyhu
Elder Beatty



No comments:

Post a Comment