Monday, June 25, 2012

Email 6-15-12

Hello all,
 
This week was changes because we are getting ready for the new Mission
President that will be coming here the next week.  It’s crazy to think
that President Callan is leaving.  He is truly an amazing witness of
Christ.  I don´t have doubts that he will be called to be in the
Quorum of the Seventy.  He really has changed the lives of hundreds of
missionaries and hundreds of Paraguays through his service.  I will be
sad that he will be leaving and some missionaries won´t have the
chance to get to know him as a loving mission President that he is.
He really does love the Lord.  In his last testimony he said that he
would truly give his life for this gospel.  I feel the power of his
testimony in his words and the love that he has for me.  Sometimes its
hard for us to imagine that someone that loves us would chastise us.
But I love President Callan.  He has set the example of what this
mission should and will always be.  LA GRAN MISION DE PARAGUAY!!!!!.
 
 My new companion is Elder Mairena.  He is from Honduras.  

Really he is truly amazing.  He has a love for seeing miracles.  Which
I don´t have a problem with because I like a good miracle too.  It’s
kind of like going to the DQ and getting a triple chocolate Blizzard.
It just makes life better and even sweeter!  He is really helping me
with my Spanish.  After of a year of not having a Latin comp your
Spanish really starts to go downhill.  But he has been really patient
with me and my capabilities.  Always the week of changes is a little
crazy when it comes to trying to get things rolling.  I was a little
nervous having Elder Richards leave because I had only 5 weeks in the
area and I had to plan and guide and everything.  That is very short a
period of time.  But we have been chuggin along and trying to keeping
moving forward.  It was great because on Wednesday we went to the
terminal and I got to see a bunch of the old elders that I got to know
as well as Elder Bingham.  They are all doing great and baptizing a
ton so it will be awesome to see that progress.
 
This last week we saw a bunch of miracles.  We were walking on
Wednesday in the morning right after elder--------`op sorry I got to go
my comp didn´t do the numbers for the zone and I don’t have time to
finish writing.  Love you all and hope you all have an amazing week.
 
--
Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment