Thursday, July 5, 2012

Email 7-2-12

Hello all,
Sorry that I wasn´t really able to get out all the information in my last letter. My comp was having a few problems wrestling with his computer and so I had to run and put in the numbers before we ran out of time. But all is good and dandy now. This last week was incredible. My companion and I both had colds this entire week. It was miserable. I can´t explain how my head felt while I was trying to teach the first vision. I felt like my head was full of balloons and bouncy balls. But really we saw so many miracles this last week.

First off on Saturday we were both SUPER SICK and we were just working and walking and suffering but in the end we had a super awesome lesson with the Piccinini family. They are so awesome. They are still struggling to try and understand that this is the only true church. But we are helping them little by little. The son is into drugs and the other son is super rebellious. We passed by on Saturday and we talked about keeping the Sabbath day holy. We talked about the suffering of Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross. The only thing that Christ asks is that we remember Him and that we do that through the sacrament. They were all speechless. The spirit was super strong. They all said that they would go to church the next day. So we came on Sunday to pick them up from church because the son recently left from jail and can´t leave his house and so we needed to bring transport. So we got there and they were all sleeping. My comp didn´t really want to bug them but I knew that the Lord had sent us there for a reason and so I went into the house and I woke them all up. They said they would come to church and gosh dang it they were going to come. We got the mom, the daughter in law, the granddaughter, and the son to come. We didn’t get them all to leave their rooms and get up but I felt good that the Lord blessed us and that we are going to get the rest of the family in church.

We also saw a bunch of miracles through the week. We were trying to find a guy that we contacted who was super ready and so my comp and I  went and spent maybe about an hour just looking for his house and we were about to give up when we found it. We clapped it and he let us in. About 2 weeks ago his girlfriend dumped him and left him with his 2 sons and she ran off with another guy. We talked to him about the family and how God wants us to be together. He told us that also his girlfriend/wife had 2 abortions and was super sad that he didn´t get to have these 2 children with him. We told him that his kids are still waiting for him. Even though he didn´t get to see them here, he will see him after death. He started crying and wanted to know how it was possible. We shared the restoration with him and he said that he was going to read and pray and be baptized. It was such a huge miracle. We haven´t been able to find him to verify on his reading but we are going to keep looking for him so that we can help him make this progress in his life.

We have been inviting everyone to be baptized this week. Its been a huge testimony builder for me to know that even though I’m sick and I don´t feel like working I just have to suck it up and suffer. My companion told me a story about it one night when we were planning after a very long trying day. That one of the seventy was in the MTC in Argentina. He looked at all the missionaries and told them that he was going to pray every day for the missionaries that they would have a super hard and trying day. That he was going to pray that they would suffer and struggle. Of course all the missionaries were super confused why a special witness of Christ would pray for such a thing. And in the end he explained that it was because in the next life when we sit down at the table with The Father, and Christ and Joseph Smith and all the prophets we will have experiences to tell them. If we just expect to come on the mission and for everything to be hunky dory we don´t grow, we don´t progress. We suffer, to help us come closer to Christ. I am only beginning to understand the mysteries of God and the plan that he has for every single one of us. I know that He loves us. He would never let something happen to us unless He knew that we could win and come out victorious. I love you all and hope you have a huge smile ¨sonrisa tucha¨ always. The church is TRUE!
Rohayhu


Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment