Monday, September 10, 2012

Email 9-10-12


2012.Sept.10



HELLLLOOOO



Ahh I’m kinda mad at myself. I had a bunch of stuff that I wanted to send to you all and I wrote it down so that I could type super fast, but guess what? Its back in the house and I’m super far away ahhhhh Its ok I´m gonna remember to bring it the next week si o si. hahah

This week has been a week of tests for me personally. Not only I had tests personally but as a companionship we feel that God is testing our diligence. We got back super super late from the conference that we had with the other zone leaders on Monday. It was fun traveling with the other zone leaders because we just messed around and took a ton of funny pictures but we sure felt it on Tuesday when we woke up and it felt like my head and feet weighed 20 tons. ahhhhhhh

The conference was super cool. We talked about what is our purpose as missionaries. Really who we are and what we should do as servants and representatives of Christ. We went on Tuesday to go to district meeting and then we did divisions with some other elders. I stayed in my area and we saw a huge miracle.

We were just walking along and we contacted a guy that was just sitting in the shade holding his little baby. We went up and shook his hand and he told us to sit down right away. We found out that he just got back from Argentina. He was Paraguayan but just got back from being in Argentina for 8 years. Wow. hahaha he talks with a funky Argentina accent hahaha We asked if we could share a message of Christ with him and his wife. His wife is from Argentina as well and she talked with a funky accent hehehe. We talked about the restoration with them and the blessings that come from living it as a family. We found out that the wife has never been baptized and almost got baptized on Sunday, but some complications came up and they couldn´t do it. We invited her to be baptized on the spot and she accepted. She has a ton of good questions about why there are tons of religions and how she can know which is correct. She is going to read the Book of Mormon and ask God if it’s true. It was crazy because she had never thought to ask God before.



Really this whole week it has just been getting hotter and hotter and hotter. I can´t imagine what it is going to be like in January if we are already feeling this kind of heat. I’m not too excited for it but I’m just going to keep moving forward. On Wednesday we were talking with a member who is a lawyer and we have an investigator who can´t get baptized because he needed to get permission from the government because he was on probation. We have been trying to get this permission for over 5 weeks. We talked to the lawyer and he told us that he didn´t understand what the problem was but now he did and could get us the permission the next day. Wow we thought it was a miracle. On Thursday he gave us a call and told us that he had the permission in his hand. We headed over to his house and called President Agazzani and asked him if the permission was valid. He said that it was and that we could baptized our investigator whoooooooooooohooooooooooooo We were so happy.



We got everything ready and on Saturday he got baptized with his 8 year old daughter. Wow it was just sooo coool to see the miracles that are willing and ready to come our way. We didn´t know on Wednesday if we would have a baptism or not and it looks like it was time for this guy to get dunked. We were super happy and grateful for this man. Juan Carlos gave up drinking, smoking, playing soccer on Sundays to get baptized. He has lived like a member without being a member for 4 weeks. It was something super special when he got baptized. He values his baptism and he just loves having the Holy Ghost hahahah.



I guess one little funny thing that happened after church yesterday was that We were getting ready to leave and we were shaking everyone’s hand and just saying goodbye when I shook the hand of this old lady. I´m telling you this lady if you looked at her you would think that she was a witch doctor or something crazy like that because the way she dresses looks and talks just says it all. She didn´t let my hand go, and she pulled me in real close and looked me straight in the eyes. She closed one of hers and she said that someday I was going to be an Apostle. hahahah “wow” !!!  I thought I was going to pee my pants. I thought she was going to kiss me or something worse. But wow I really feel like she is prophesying or something so I guess I better get ready. Apostle Beatty hahaha ya right!



This last week I was reading a little bit in James and I was reading the part right before James1 5 where Joseph Smith was inspired to ask God. But right before that part it talks about suffering our trials and challenges. It talks about how we have trials to help us learn how to be patient. I really do understand that after this week. We have just talked to so many blasted people. Our area is huge so we never talk to the same people twice but I feel that really no one wanted to accept us this week. The Lord is just testing our patience and diligence. I really feel that the Lord loves us. He wouldn´t give us any sort of test, trial, or affliction unless it was going to help us come closer to Him. I´m trying to help other missionaries come to understand that so that they can continue to push through their trials instead of just dying. I know the Lord will give us the strength that we need to push through our trials. I love you all and hope that you have a super fantastic week. The gospel is true, and because the gospel is true the church has to be true. Trust in the fruits of living the gospel and you will see. You are all in my prayers



Rohayhu



Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment