Monday, April 1, 2013

Email 4/1/13

Wow what a crazy crazy week that we had as a companionship. I don´t even know where to start. Well first off we had some crazy stuff going on because it was the semana santa or the Holy week. EVERYONE during this week decides to just go out and to visit all the of the family that they have in the chaco or the desert. It was super super crazy on Wednesday to see everyone just packing their bags and getting ready to travel to all sorts of crazy parts of Paraguay. I would just look at my companion and think wow what are we supposed to do if all the people we are supposed to be teaching leave and go to some crazy place. We made the best of things with what we had.
I did divisions with a brand new missionary from Argentina on Tuesday . We actually had a really really awesome day. We found 4 people and put them all with a fecha bautismal. The younger missionary was really really pumped because I made him put all the people with a baptismal date and no one denied him. It was a little funny because he told me that everyone he thought was going to reject him but in the end they all accepted and were excited to come to church and all that jazz. We had a good time and at the end we ended up buying some lomito arabe. It’s kind of like a taco but tons better. We passed the night by talking about the mission and just how it is being a missionary. It made me remember all those times that I spent as a younger missionary not really understanding anything and just trying to struggle through my little area in CDE. It made me feel really good that I could help a younger missionary have a better perspective and hope for the future in his area.
Sometimes that’s all we need as human beings. We just need someone who can always come and pick us up no matter how bad we are. A lot of times its our faith in Jesus Christ, it’s our hope for the future and what he can help us achieve that just keeps us going.
So Tuesday was pretty much an awesome day. Wednesday didn´t turn out so hot because we changed back and everything and then I started getting a little sick and then by the middle of the afternoon I was just plain dead. We kept working but really I was just in another world. I had a fever and was dealing with some diarrhea. We are thinking that it came from our lunch on Wednesday, but towards the end of the day I was feeling better, but we really hadn´t accomplished anything. I thanked my companion for helping me and putting up with the stuff that I always have going on.
On Thursday we went and did a weekly planning with one of the companionships in the zone that is really struggling. We decided that it would have been better not to tell them. So we showed up in their house and were able to see how they were really doing. It wasn´t soo great. We helped them as best we could and helped them put some specific plans and all that jazz. They were more excited about the work when we left then when we got there. It was a little funny to think about doing some surprised visits. When I was a younger missionary I always dreaded the fact that the zone leaders could show up in any moment and I wouldn´t know why, I was doing exactly the same thing that I had dreaded a year ago. It just made me chuckle to myself.
We did still have a little bit of a frustrating week in that people really weren´t very open to us. You think that people would be more open to talk about Jesus Christ and His gospel during the week of His death and resurrection but really it was surprising how many people rejected us. Sometimes we just seem to be so focused on the worldly part of Easter and the chocolate and all that stuff that we tend to forget the real reason that we have Easter, to remember Christ.
I love you all. Sorry that the message is really short, my mind just really isn´t into writing today. But I hope that you all have a super awesome week.

Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment