Monday, April 15, 2013

Email 4/15/13

Dearest family and special friends of Elder Beatty,
I just wanted to thank you for your love and support for Presten.  Presten will be flying into St. George on May 23rd @ 11:00 p.m. and Bishop Ellerman has given us the go ahead for Presten to report his mission on May 26th @ 1:00 p.m. at the Hurricane Stake Center (677 S. 700 W.)  Presten would love to have you there.  Thanks again for all you do for our favorite missionary in Paraguay!

Hey Everyone,

So I got some crazy news for this week. I GOT CHANGED. Yes I got taken out of Nemby. I´m in an area called Leopardi now. It’s a area in the Stake of Fernando de la Mora. It’s mostly city. city city city. It’s been a little bit of a rough change for me because I am just so used to working in areas that are a little bit more rural. I was a little bummed to find out that I would be leaving Nemby to come here to end my mission. Why couldn´t I have just stayed in Nemby where all the members know me and that I can just relax and have success and end my mission with big parties and asados and everything would just be perfect.

I was able to receive some revelation about it on Tuesday night while I was packing in that usually my whole mission I said that I wasn´t going to get trunky, that I was going to stick it out to the end and do all that I could to help others come unto Christ. Well here is my chance. I am in a new ward and I don´t know anybody so the Lord is just telling me that I have a decision to make. I can sit back and relax or I can hit it hard and tear it up in a new area for 5 weeks. I have decided that I am going to destroy this area. My comp just finished his training and so he is still learning some stuff, but overall he is a good obedient missionary and is ready to learn and work hard.

We have already started seeing some miracles this week. We started putting everyone who would listen to us with a baptismal date. It was so awesome to see so many people who are willing to come unto to Christ.

We also had another huge miracle. We were at church and we were a little bummed that we hadn´t gotten any of our investigators to church and then we found out that some young man had come in and was all dressed like a member with a shirt and a tie. We found out that he wasn´t a member. So we put him with a fecha for 2 weeks. It was just so cool to see the Lord’s hand in helping us overcome our problems and keeping us excited.

We haven´t found anyone to baptize this week but we are working a ton with the members and the area notebook to try and find someone this week that will be baptized on Saturday. We are going to do it and my comp is right behind me. Really he said that this last 3 days were the best that he has had in the last 5 months and so he is really pumped to just start working and seeing some miracles.

We are going to have at least 2 more baptisms by the end of this month. We don´t know who they are, but we are going to find them. We have been having some fun with the members because we don´t know who is going to get baptized but we tell them that someone is going to get baptized. They ask us what their name is. We tell them. Miligaros. Or Miracles. They are like oh that’s a really nice name hahaha

Its been great fun for us to keep working with positive attitudes and to just work your guts out hoping that the Lord will bless you with the power to bare a testimony. My comp is Elder Ratliff. He is from California. He is a bit taller than me so a lot of people I can imagine are a little scared of us. We found a good number of people this week. We are still trying to find that one golden family that we are going to baptize. We are going to find them si o si.

Other than that; really there isn´t much going on. Our area is Huge. Really sometimes at the end of the day I feel like my feet are going to fall off. But it’s all going good. We are going to start planning a little bit better so that we don´t have to walk so much.

I think that the biggest lesson that I learned this week would have to be how to have a positive attitude. Really we talked about it in church as well that we aren´t here to suffer. Suffering is only a side effect of an eternal progress that we are receiving from a loving Heavenly Father. It’s the way that we learn what things are the most important.

I often times think about the times in my mission when I was the happiest or when I was more focused. The times that made me more happy were after a time of hardship or trial, because I came to realize the love and dependence that I have on Him. I know that He loves me and that He is only trying to help me become the man, husband, and eternal being that I need and want to be. I love Him. I love you all and hope you have a sweet week because I’m going to. Love you all again.

Rohayhu paraguay ha che famila avei

Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment