Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Email 5-1-12

Hello all.  You will have to excuse if I don´t get a lot typed today.  My fingers are freezing and I will try and type as fast as I can.  This week a cold front moved into our area and it has been pretty cold.  Don´t get me wrong I have gladly accepted the cold and I am very happy for it to be more cold.  But the cold does have its downs.  We have really been trying to find new people to teach this last week.  Its been a little tough this far seeing that everyone just locks themselves inside their house and doesn´t want to talk but it has been fine besides that.  
As far as investigators that have been progressing we have Kevin and Perla.  It has been a little difficult with them as far as their mom goes but other than that we have been progressing just fine.  We have been teaching them and they have been coming to every church activity that we put on.  Its really cool to see that they aren´t really scared of the church and what is there.  We didn´t get them to come to church this last week because their dad had to work and couldn´t bring them.  Other than that they have been coming along great.  It was kinda funny because we taught them yesterday the word of wisdom and their mom had a bunch of people over drinking and smoking.  It was cool because they would look at us and say that the people weren´t following a commandment of God.  It was a really cool spiritual moment for me in seeing that the spirit had already testified to them that they knew it was wrong to smoke and drink.  Its also been a great spiritual builder for the dad as well.  Him being a part of the spiritual conversion of his kids.  At first it was kinda hard because he would ramble and just go on and on about spiritual stuff that the kids didn´t need to know.  
I just finished the BOM for the 3rd time in Spanish and it is truly awesome.  I can´t believe that I didn´t love that book since birth.  It is more than just a book that can teach us good things.  It is a spiritual journey.  We make a promise when we begin to read it.  We make a promise within ourselves to apply its teachings.  We feel the spirit testify of the truth of the words in every sentence and every time that the prophets teach us.  It has been a great friend to me in times when there was little hope as well as a sword in combating evil and proclaiming the truth.  I accompany the testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith, that a man can bring himself closer to God through the Book of Mormon then any other book that exists.
I also had a HUGE spiritual confirmation that really the spirit is there to help us.  We were teaching at a family home evening with one of the families that are in our ward.  As we sat there and shared our thoughts I was thinking about some of the goals I can put to make me a better missionary to help me become more like Christ.  As I began reviewing these goals the spirit touched my heart.  The more I thought about the things that I wanted to accomplish to make me a more consecrated missionary, I felt a burning in my heart that I can´t describe.  It came strong strong and strong every time.  I know that it was God telling me the things that I need to do to make me a instrument in his hands.  I know that they Holy Ghost helps us know what to do when we study things out in our mind.
THE LORD GIVES US THE DRIVE TO BE BETTER. SET THE GOALS! PÙT FORTH THE EFFORT!  WE WILL FIND MORE HAPPINESS AND JOY THEN WE EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE.  I love you all and hope you have the spirit always in your lives.

Rohayhu

Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment