Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Email 5-28-12

Hey everyone how you all doing?                                                                                                                                   
 
Wow what a week. It just feels as if I was just writing everyone explaining the crazy change that we had. Being a zone leader really is what it sounds. It really is great being able to think about other missionaries and how to help them. We have a ton of great elders in our zone as well as 2 companionships of sisters. They all work really hard and try their best to help people come unto Christ. Some of them still need to work on one thing. BEING HAPPY!!! It’s been great to be called to be a zone leader, because I really get to see the personal progress of all the missionaries in my zone. A lot of them I can see are working hard, but they lack something. They try to help others come unto Christ, but they lack one type of feeling, happiness. We as members of the restored Church of Jesus Christ should be the happiest people on earth. Because we have that peace of mind that comes through knowledge. This last week I was in a lesson while doing divisions and we were talking about the family. I felt the need to talk about how my family was the most happiest family on earth. Not because we are the richest, or the smartest, not that we are perfect. It’s because we are living the gospel of Jesus Christ. That is the only way that we can get true happiness. When I was talking about my family it made me feel so grateful for the family that I have and the success that I have through the faith and support of my family. I thank my Heavenly
Father every day for every single moment that I have been able to share with my family, because it has helped me become who I need to be. Thank you all.
 
We really have seen some miracles this last week. Elder Richards, I guess has been teaching a guy named Sergio for about 2 months and he just hasn´t gotten his answer. We talked with him the last week about how the Holy Ghost is going to respond to him. We also watched that talk online by President Uchtdorf about waiting on the road to Damascus. It was soooooo powerful. It was perfect for what Sergio needed to hear. After that we talked about the Sacrament. What really it means and how sacred it is. We challenged him to pray during the sacrament about whether he should be baptized and if this was the true church. He did. He told us later that he felt a feeling of peace and love while he was praying and that he thinks that it was God answering him. It was super funny because after he said that we were going to invite him to be baptized but he already knew it was coming. It was super funny. He has a date for this Saturday and we are going to continue preparing him for that date. We are praying and working super hard to know what we need to do to help him. It’s so amazing that the Lord is just letting us know through his spirit what we should do. Really we do nothing, we only obey. Another funny moment was when we were talking about prophet with a recent convert. She is an older lady and of course is a little forgetful. She is bedridden. We started talking about how we have a prophet today and we told her ¨hey, Ortencia, we have a prophet in our days¨ It was super funny her response. ¨How nice¨ its as if that is just another piece of information that she has to put into her brain to try and remember.  It was a good moment for us to laugh.
 
We have struggled a little bit this week when it has come to our other investigators. They all have received their answers that the Book of Mormon is true, that the church is true, but they didn´t want to change. They said that they have already gotten their way of worshipping God and don´t want to change. It was super hard for us, because no matter how much we tried to explain that they needed to follow God in God´s way, they wouldn´t budge. It made me super frustrated when I think I’m explaining something super simple and easy to understand yet they don´t understand. It has been a good growing moment for me to recognize that all I can do is teach simply and rely on the Spirit to convert the people. We have dropped those people but we plan on visiting them a little bit down the road to see if they will progress.
 
Wow it sounds like you guys are just full of new adventures that are going to fill up your whole summer. It sounds just like me and my new adventures that I’m getting here in Paraguay in my new area. It’s been a little difficult but I am getting adjusted to the ¨City life¨.  It’s a lot different teaching the gospel to people here. They have different needs and different desires than those that I was teaching back in the campo. But it just goes to show that no matter what our problems are or what is going on in our life. The gospel is here to help in every situation. I’m just really really excited to keep moving forward with my awesome companion.

Well I gotta bounce. The church is still true. I know it is. I love you all and hope you have the spirit with you to help you during this entire week. Just keep smiling and keep moving forward.
 
Rohayhu
 
Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment