Thursday, May 17, 2012

Email 5-14-12

We got to Skype with Presten on Saturday.  After a few technical glyches, he got his end working.  What a fun time we had together as a family (Ashli skyped in from Logan).  Chatting and laughing and hearing his strong sweet testimony.  Did this mother good to see his cute happy face and to hear his voice.  It was a great Mother's Day!!



Hey everyone,

Sorry there isn´t really much to write except for what I told my family.  Sorry for those of you that didn´t get to participate in the call.  I’m sure you all would have loved to hear my voice, but not everyone can be blessed such. Ha ha. 


The baptism on Saturday went really really well.  I was kinda stressed when we got to the church earlier that day and the people there told us that there wouldn´t be any power and so we would be having the baptism  in the dark.  I had no idea what to do.  I was trying to think if we could go to another chapel and get it done.  But we had already told all the members where it would be and when.  And then no one would show up in the other chapel because it would be super far away.  But in the end everything went really really well.  The power came back on.  The tank for the font was drained because there was no power to fill it during the day and so we had to baptize her in about a foot and a half of water.  I got it done though.  It was just a little weird.  But hey SATAN didn´t stop this little girl from starting her spiritual journey toward heaven BOOOYAH.  Other than that nothing much to report.  We are working with the girls little brother and he will probably get baptized this next Saturday.  We are going to be sure and have the dad baptize the son so that there can be a stronger relationship between them two.  It’s been a little hard to teach this kid but by the looks of it he will end up getting baptized.  It will be a sweet job for Elder Dockstader to complete once I’m gone.

  
Oh ya,  I woke up this morning and was just saying my prayer and  it was like 632 and then the phone goes off.  We just got a new phone and so we don´t have any contacts at all.  So we saw the number and I was thinking well who is calling this early.  I answered the phone to hear ¨Hola, Elder buen dia.¨ It was President Callan.  Ha ha I didn´t know what to do or think.  So I just kind of grunted to let him know that I was there.  He began to tell me that there would be a spot that I needed to fill as a Zone leader and asked me if I was ready to fill that position.  I told him that I would.  So it looks like I’m leaving from Ytororo.  I will be heading more into Asunción to be with an Elder Richards.  I guess my true jungle visit will have to wait for a little bit longer.  I´m super excited to be a Zone leader but I’m scared as well.  I know the Lord will help me fulfill my calling as I rely on His strength and be humble and ready to learn from my companion.  Thanks everyone for your support.  Now we are cookin heheh

Rohayhu
Elder Beatty





No comments:

Post a Comment