Monday, July 23, 2012

Email 7-23-12

Hello all,
Wow what a week. I don´t know where to begin. It’s amazing to me to think about all the trials and miracles that we have seen this last week. I just love seeing miracles. There is a feeling that we get every time we see the hand of Lord in my life. After every single miracle I have decided that it is a moment to remember. Those moments that can´t be explained. I just sit there and close my eyes. I soak in the feeling. The spirit, the heat, the smell, everything so that sometime when my life isn´t going so well I can look back in my mind’s eye and relive that moment. It has really helped me to see that my life is full of miracles and that even though the moment may be hard, in the end there is always a blessing and that moment when it feels that heaven is touching your heart and makes you want to fly. This last week was a good week of development for Epiphanio. We have been teaching every day for 10 to 15 minutes so that he can stay spiritually strong. We watched on Wednesday The Testaments with him. It was amazing. He was super happy and couldn´t describe the feelings that he felt while he was watching the movies. It made me super thankful for those people who created the movie because I know that they were inspired from God in making these movies powerful. But we had a moment that scared us this week with him as well. We were inside and we just got done reading in the BOM with him and we were about to end when someone rang the doorbell. Oh well that was normal. So he got up and went to answer the door and who should it be...................... His old Girlfriend that dumped him but now returned................ NOOOOOOOOOOOOO when we saw her I just looked at my companion and a look of fear and doubt was on our faces. We didn´t know what to do. She came back........ It was one of those moments when you can´t believe what is happening and your dreams and goals just went in the toilet. Kinda like a movie when the good guy ends up dying...... YOU THINK TO YOURSELF.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO it can´t happen. He has to live, he has to win. That’s how we felt. I can´t really describe it in another form. That night me and my companion prayed for probably half an hour just pleading with the Lord that He could work a miracle with him and his girlfriend so that she would leave again. So we came back the next day and we had felt that we needed to teach to Epiphanio the Law of Chastity. So we went and rang his doorbell and his girlfriend answered the door. ahhhh..... But Epiphanio wasn´t there. She was sleeping and came to answer the door. We asked her why she was sleeping so early and she said it was because she was going back to Encarnacion. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yaaaaaaaa We haven´t been able to pass by his house to see if she has left yet but we are pretty sure that she has already left. We weren´t able to get Epiphanio to go to church because he was super super sick. But my companion asked him if we should announce his baptism at church and he just looked at us for a moment and then put his hand on my comps shoulder and said ¨Don´t worry, it’s practically done¨ WHOOOOOO yeahhhhhh........ We were so happy to have him say that. IT WAS LIKE THE SUPER HERO THAT REALLY DIDN´T DIE AND CAME BACK TO SAVE THE DAY!!! So that’s what is going on with Epiphanio this week.
Other than that this week has been an adventure of just trying to find new people to teach. We have been trying and struggling with all that we got to try and find people to teach. We have run into some really interesting people. We have found some new people but we are still looking for that golden family that the Lord has waiting for us. We just have to keep working and trying to find it following the impressions of the spirit.
I love the mission. I love seeing all these miracles in my life and I know that the Lord will always bless us if we are obedient and if we are putting in ALL of our part. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week.
Rohayhu mi familia
Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment