Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Email 7-9-12

Hello all,

I´m hoping that this letter can turn out to be a little bit longer than the one that I previously wrote. This week was a huge week of tests for what it seems to be the whole mission. It’s been incredible how we have been able to continue this last week. There were a lot of missionaries who had it worse than we did but we continued to be active and happy.

This week was really really cold. I love the cold. I’m just soaking it all up, but the Paraguayans they don´t seem to do so hot in the cold. We really struggled this last week in trying to find new people that can progress. I have never talked to so many people and clapped so many houses in my entire mission. To me it’s incredible that we could have talked to as many people as we did and didn´t find anyone. One day I kept track of how many people we had talked to. We talked to 83 people. That’s not counting the houses that we had clapped. It was incredible. I can´t come to understand how or why we couldn´t get any lessons in. We had the desire and we had the smile and the spirit but no one wanted to let the missionaries in.

It was a little frustrating as well with the people that we did find because we would invite them and then the next day they had talked it out between the two and decided to stay in their religion. I couldn´t understand what we were doing wrong. We were testifying, studying, obedient, listening, and inviting, but no one wanted to make those steps in their life that would help them come unto Christ. After thinking about it one night when I couldn´t sleep. I finally figured it out.

Satan is very very strong. He creates opportunities that are false and tries to lead us to a false sense of security and happiness that can´t last. I have to have the spirit. When I testify it has to be like a waterfall feelings on the hearts of the people. They can´t deny that I don´t teach well enough, but they can´t deny their feelings. Me and my companion were talking a little about how a lot of people have faith, but a lot of people have faith that isn´t real. That is where Satan comes and leads us into the darkness, the blind leading the blind. They can´t see what’s in front, but the person leading promises blessings and happiness.

I have been having a hard time emotionally this week because of this. Lots of our brothers and sisters are blind spiritually. They have been led away by a deceiver that will do whatever it takes, even miracles in our eyes, to lead us away from the truth. He uses forms of temporary happiness and lies to guide us into misery. This is sad, but very true. We all must look up to the light, look to the one that will teach us his truths and guide us in the darkness. We must clasp to the Iron Rod and never let go! We must show our brothers and sisters what the truth is and where it lies and bring them to the Rod to guide us to the tree of Life!

We had the chance this last week to meet our new mission president. Wow, He is amazing. I can´t even really describe him. He is 43 years old and very very humorous and has a zest for life. He knows that we will have success. He knows that this isn´t our work and that we are only the hands of the master as He guides and brings His followers into His fold. He truly is going to help this mission so much in the form of helping missionaries complete their potential. We are an obedient mission. That is a fact. Now we just need to learn now how to help the people come unto Christ and know this is a better way. He came here with all of his family. We got to meet him in the center and heart of Asuncion. It was crazy how many people and buildings are down there. I wanted to go to one of those areas super bad. I loved the feeling. The church down there was super awesome as well. It was like 5 stories high and you could look out over all of Asuncion. It was super cool.

I had to lead the meeting that we had with the new president. Everyone came up to me after and asked if I was nervous. I guess that when I got up to lead my face got super red because I was nervous. Well ya....... I was.............. haha. But really I know that we are going to do amazing things with this new president. He is going to help us a lot.

We found a family this last week that is super super super humble. We got to their house and they let us in right away. We walked past their gate, if you can call it that, and all of their beds were outside their house because inside was only 1 room and it was only big enough for the baby so that it didn´t have to sleep outside in the cold. When we walked in I wanted to cry. I saw that all the kids were playing with broken cars, and broken dolls. They ran around barefoot and with hardly any clothes on. The mom was tired from working 18 hours and the dad was half drunk. I truly had to bite my lip and struggled to hold back the tears. This family has so much suffering. I have to ask myself why. But I know that someday not in this life everything will be set right. That is the reason why the Savior came to the earth. To pay for all the unright, the unjust, and unfair conditions of the world. We can and will have a better time. We must look forward. If we get drowned in our conditions here, there is no hope. I want to challenge you all to look up. To find love and hope in the being that is unchanging and forever loving. Our Lord and Redeemer Christ.

Rohayhu


--
Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment