Monday, January 14, 2013

Email 1/14/13

Wow what a week. I am still as exhausted as ever but we are still chugging along. Sometimes I have to joke around with my companion that I am getting so old and tired that he has to buy me a walker to scoot around in. Really my companion and I are doing great. We have formed a great bond of work and understanding. It’s been a great change from what I have seen in the mission before. I feel that right now we are working as a great team and we are going to get tons of things done. We have already accomplished a ton as far as getting the zone moving. I know that we are going to continue seeing a change as we continue pushing and getting things done according to the revelation and goals that we receive and set.
As far as other stuff that has been going on this week. We had interviews on Tuesday. It was a super super crazy day. So we had district meeting from 10 thirty until noon. And then the interviews started at one and ended at eight. The whole time we had to be there and trying to keep the missionaries busy and focused. It’s crazy when you have 26 missionaries in your zone trying to keep them all focused on things that are important. We were able to share with them a few things and ideas that we have to help the zone get going. But I think in the end it was a great thing that we had the interviews with president. A lot of the missionaries came out and they were a lot more focused and felt better and ready to work harder. I just love president. He just has this type of attitude that is super super contagious. He can help pretty much anyone bring the best out of themselves. Finally at the end it came to me. I wanted Elder Hugie to go last but I am supposedly the Senior companion of the two so I had to go last. I had a really good talk with President. It’s been great to form this relationship with him. I feel that he really trusts my opinion and views on missionaries and how the zone is doing. He talked with me about some of the missionaries and what is going on with them so that we can help them have more success and then I was able to ask him a few questions. I asked him what was his purpose in sending me to zone 3. He told me that it looks like the Lord trusts me to be able to handle the largest zone in the mission and to get it baptizing again. It made me feel good to know that President, and the Lord trusts me enough to send me out here. A few other things that we talked about were that I am probably going to be ending my mission here in Nemby. President said that he is probably going to leave me here so that I can finish hard and finish strong without having to worry about going anywhere. It was a great talk that really helped me build my confidence and raise my spirit. I really just love this Argentinean man so much. He has so much love and fire in him.

So other things that have been going on in the zone is that we are starting to get things rolling as far as baptisms. So far in the month of January every district has been getting a baptism and until this point in January we are the zone with the highest amount of baptisms. We have lots of people in our plans to baptize the last few weeks of this month. We are going to keep getting the missionaries excited to keep on baptizing through this month.

One other thing that has really touched me this last week is that I have really been focusing on listening. I have decided that listening is one thing that I need to better before I end up coming home. Elder Hugie is helping me learn to listen more so that I can let the spirit guide me. Really Elder Hugie is a great missionary. He is focused and he loves the people. I have really enjoyed my time with him so far and hope that we can keep working together the next change. Well that is all I got folks I hope you have a great week. The gospel is true and I love preaching it.

Rohaihu mi familia

Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment