Monday, January 21, 2013

Email 1/21/13

January 21, 2013


Wow this week has been crazy. I think that I stepped foot in my area to work maybe two days but really this has been the best week that we have had so far as far as the progress of our investigators and teaching good new people. But before all that I got some questions to answer.

1.
Tell us about one baptismal challenge you made this week. Why was it special? So one crazy baptismal challenge that we had this week was that we were on divisions with some other elders and we were on fire. In less than 3 hours we had taught 4 people and had taught 3 lessons. We had found and taught this one family about the restoration of the gospel and they were super super interested and wanted to know about the true church. We invited them to pray and ask about it. They said they would. Then we began to talk about baptism and the reason why we are baptized. It was so amazing to see the light go into their eyes when they actually came to understand the doctrine of baptism. That they could be cleaned of their sins and enter into the path that will lead them into eternal life as a family. We read a scripture that is in Doctrine and Covenants section 35 verse 19 I think? Its the one were the Lord is inviting someone to be baptized. It says something like this. The hour of your freedom has come. Arise, Repent and be Baptized and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost which is the greatest gift that you have every come to know. Wow it was a sweet baptismal invite. The family was like ¨yes of course we will be baptized¨ It was a sweet lesson that helped the other missionary raise up his confidence.
2
. Do you see many insects or bugs this time of year? Yes there are tons and tons and tons and tons of mosquitoes. Don´t worry mom I am using repellant. Right now is the season when people get something called dengue. It is a disease carried around by the mosquitoes. It’s called the bone crushing disease because when you have it, it feels like your bones are getting crushed. I hear that it is miserable. Pretty much all year around there are bugs because it’s always hot. There is a way cool grasshopper here that looks like an Indian warrior in the sense that it is all painted bright cool looking colors. I will try and get a picture of one. What is the pesky-est? I would have to say that the bug that is the worst would be the fruit flies. There are always always fruitflies all over our faces in our ears and they get super super annoying when I am trying to teach someone.
3.
What is your favorite lesson to teach to investigators? I love teaching people lesson #1. It is the lesson about the restoration and then inviting them to be baptized. I love teaching them and asking questions to help them come to the conclusion for themselves that they need to be in the gospel to be saved. Also that they need to know if our message is true and that they need to be baptized again so that they can repent. We usually end up teaching lesson one about 3 or 4 times a day and so good thing it’s my favorite. I would have to say that my other favorite lesson is the Keeping the Sabbath day holy.

Wow so this week we had a huge conference with the zone. It is something that we have started doing when president Agazzani came to the mission. Hey I’m sorry I gotta bounce. We ran out of time because we got a call from the Assistants. I love you guys and hope you have an amazing week. I´m loving the mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

--
Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment