Monday, January 28, 2013

Email 1/28/13

January 28, 2013

Hello all,

This week has really been an adventure of the whole zone because it has been changes. It’s always a sweet adventure when we have new missionaries that come and its always a sweet adventure to see what happens with them when they get in their areas. We still have the biggest zone and it’s only gonna get bigger as President sends more sister missionaries here in Nemby. AHHHHHH Sometimes I feel like I am turning into my own mission President and that I’m gonna be able to open up my little own mission down here in Nemby if he keeps sending us more and more missionaries. hahahah No its good. It’s always great to be able to meet more missionaries. I hope that they like it here in Nemby and just keep going with their mentality towards baptism. So that is pretty sweet that Jesse Katzenbach is gonna be coming down here. He lucked out in that he is going to come when things are getting cold so that he doesn´t have to suffer very much. Tell him that he is gonna be coming down to the best mission in the world. Where the people are the “bomb” and just love being baptized. hahahaha

So me and my comp got separated. Ugh. I thought for once that I was going to be able to stay with a companion for more than 2 changes that I actually got along with. He got a call from President Agazzani to go to the office to work as the missionary that is in charge of the records. Ya it was a huge surprise to him and he was a little bummed to find out that he was going to leave. We had just got the ward turned around and the zone baptizing and now he has to leave. It was a little bit of a sad day on Wednesday when we went to the bus terminal and had to say goodbye. I got my new companion there as well. Elder Velasquez. He is a short stocky baseball kid from Guatemala. Yes they do play baseball there. He is a cool guy. Funny story is that when I went out to CDE my first change he was in the zone and I was his zone leader. We did divisions once and we learned a lot together. I told him that he was probably going to be a District and zone leader some day for his attitude towards the work and for his baptisms. And it was funny when I learned that he was gonna be my comp and he was gonna be the Zone leader with me. So I guess that I was just seeing the future when I told him that. hahaha jk. Well this week has been one super super full of adventures and awesome people.

So we headed out on Wednesday and we had decided and had set some goals as to what we wanted to accomplish as a companionship this change. We decided that we wanted to baptize every single week starting next week. Well ok it was fine by me. We left our first day and we found 5 people that are super super cool. It was a weird experience because when we started talking to those people they really weren´t very interested and didn´t want to hear our message and when we left their house they had a baptismal date and wanted to come to church. Ohhh yeahh the spirit is the teacher. We had a sweet experience in that they actually came to church as well. The two kids that came are Jose Maria, and his little bro Lucas. Jose is on course to be drafted as a professional soccer player in Paraguay. So that will be pretty sweet. He said that he has a lot of dreams and wants to do lots of great things in his life. He said that we had helped him see that if he doesn´t do what God wants him to, he is never going to complete his dreams. It was sweet to see his faith. He had a bunch of soccer training commitments that he had been given to do on Sunday but he decided to come to church instead with his bro. He loved church and wants to come again. He says that every single time that we come to teach him he feels super good and he wants to get baptized super super bad. Ok sweet.

We also had a super sweet experience this week in finding a family. We are starting to work in a part of our area that is super super far away from everything. We had found some pretty sweet people out there when I was with Elder Hugie so we decided to start putting in a bigger amount of time to work there. We went out and one of the people that we had found dropped us. Their dad said that we were liars and that he would get all beat up if he joined our church. Wow, harsh. So we were a little sad because we lost a good investigator. While we were deciding what to do I looked over and saw a guy that looked pretty angry walk into his house. I decided to go over and see why he was so angry and to see if I could help him. One thing is that with Paraguans when they are angry or offended it is very very difficult to get them to leave their houses so I knew that I couldn´t be the one that was gonna get this guy to leave his house, it was gonna be the spirit. So we clapped the house and he sent out his two kids to see what we wanted. We asked them to go get their dad. So he didn´t want to let us in but somehow we got in and we started talking to him. We talked to him about the family and about the restoration of the gospel. Really it was such an awesome lesson. We started out just teaching him, and by the time that we had finished the lesson there were six people there listening to us. It was awesome. Really I had no idea how we did it. We invited them to be baptized and they all accepted. At the end of the lesson when we were about to leave the guy stopped us and said ¨hey right now thanks to you guys I feel soo much better, I don´t know why, but I am super super glad that I let you into my house to share with my family, when are you gonna come back.¨ Wow, we told him that he was feeling that spirit and that he will be able to always feel that with his family if they live what we will teach them. He was super super pumped to share with us again. We haven´t been able to find the guy again but I know they will get baptized. I know from that experience that it is the spirit that will guide us and help people feel the truth of our message. We need to teach them in such a manner that they can understand what we are teaching and that they can understand the importance of what we are teaching. That is why we can´t be lazy in our teaching. I know that if we follow the prompting of the spirit He will guide us. He will let us know what to say in the precise moment that we need it and He will guide us to the people that are being prepared by the Lord to accept this grand gospel message. I love the mission. I love this area. I love the work and I know that we are gonna have great and large amounts of success in this area with my companion.

I love you all and hope that you have a super super deduper week. Love you all.

Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment