Saturday, June 4, 2011

Email 6/3/11

Family,
 
Well week two has finally started to fly by.  It seems that every day the days keep getting shorter and shorter which is a good and bad thing.  It means that the day is finally becoming bearable but it also means that we seem to not have enought time to study and be prepared for spanish and our lessons.  We started our first progressing investigator this week.  His name is Manuelle.  He has 5 brothers and sisters and his parents live in Mexico.  The first time we met was horrible.  Our spanish was all broken, we couldn't stay with our lesson plan.  We were all over the place.  I tried to bring the spirit in by inviting the holy ghost by bearing my testimony in Spanish but that was a no go.  Then my Companion Elder Varney just jumped right in and started talking about the Trinity and how we all have the light of christ within us and stuff that we shouldn't have been saying.  But hey in the end i guess we can just look at it and call it a great learning expirience that we can use to help us grow in the discussions and with our teaching.  After that we decided the most important thing we can do is stay in control of the lesson.  Its really hard sometimes because the investigator is only speaking spanish and so all we hear is something like..... I like......... and i feel............ i can't stand it.......... I want................ hahahaha  When that happens I just get the feeling that maybe i'm missing something important :D
 
well besides teaching things are going well.  I finally got the food situation under control.  I eat oatmeal for breakfast with usually some fruit or a bagel.  Then for lunch I get to personalize my very own chicken wrap.  and I usually get a salad also.  Then for dinner i usually just go for a very light plate of something like chicken.  besides the 2:30 tired feeling that I get after eating I feel that I can go throughout the day without making my companion pass out.  hahaha
 
Well my companion is Elder Varney he is from chandler Arizona where he went to some huge school and played volleyball.  I am actually getting pretty good at volleyball.  Mostly because I can just jump high and block people.  I haven't quite gotten down my approach yet.  But i will admit I have to go play basketball every once in a while so I can feel good about myself.  Don't worry mom I am staying safe and just hitting three pointers in the corner, far away from flying elbows and sprained ankles. :D  Its awesome though I usually do pullups every night and I think my shoulders are actually getting broader... heh who would have figured.
 
This week Elder Marple, one of the elders in my room told me he was going to be auditioning for a musical number to play in a devotional on sunday or tuesday when all the elders in the MTC come together to listen to a general authority or something.  He asked me if I could play with him or accompany him while he played the cello. we started practicing yesterday and it went really well.  We were going to play nearer my god to thee but then i asked him about how good he was at jamming.  We started playing some hyms after I figured out the chord progressions and we were making some really good sounds.  We changed the song to a arrangement of we made of we thank the o god for a prophet.  it is probably the highlight of my whole week in the MTC.  Just getting the chance to forget about all my worries and feel the blessing of music in my life made me feel so good again.  And we were thinking what if we made the audition and then got to play and President Monson came..... Highlight of my MTC expirience!!!!!!!!!
 
I wish you could really see how much I am learning and growing in the MTC.  One of the most spiritual expiriences i had was while I was reading in Moses chapter 1 verse 6.  For the last week our teachers have really been stressing about how if we don't believe that our call is of god, we can't complete the full potential we can in learning to preach the gospel in spanish.  It was mostly because the hermanas in our district are struggling with the language.  When I was reading in moses I changed moses's name with mine.  As I read I felt the love of the lord and the strength he would give me if I continued to exercise faith in him by being obedient and staying true to my call.  I knew then that I have been called of god and that has provided a way for me to become like christ, loving all people and wanting them to legitly come unto christ. 
 
I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be here.  I am thankful for my companion and the wisdom he gives me.  Thank you all for your support and the love you show me.  I love getting letters from you all and feeling your love and support.  THank you so much. 
 
Amo mi familia.  Yo se que dios es nuestro padre celestial.  Jesucristo ama todas personas.  a travez el epiacion de jesucristo todas personas pueden regresar y viven con dios altra vez. 
 
Thank you all for all you do. 
 
Love
 
Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment