Friday, June 17, 2011

Write your missionaries! Email 6-17-11

Hola Como esta?  You don't know how many times I hear that per day.  Its almost funny.  Some of the things that have been going on here lately is that I just keep chuggin along with the language.  I am getting to the point where I can almost say anything I want to in Spanish but its hard cuz I have to think about what I want to say then congegate the right verb and all that jazz.  It can be a little frustrating sometimes when you are trying to stay focused and speak fast.  Its all good though.  I really hope you guys like gettin a little spanish in my letters.  Thats awesome that you guys are going to try and learn to speak spanish with me.  Its actually very very easy.  You just have to take the intiative and only speak spanish.  That has to be the hardest part.  It can be soooo easy to just speak english whenever you want.  You have to discipline yourself and be strong. 
 
This week was pretty cool.  Elder Marple and I made up another arrangement for a hymn that we auditioned for on Thursday.  We made the arrangement to Praise to the Man.  It was a pretty legit cello and Piano arrangement.  It was also way cool cuz we got the President of the MTC to come listen to us audition and he said he thought it was so awesome he wanted to hear it twice!!!!!!! I can't wait to get the chance to play it in a huge devotional so that I can help people feel the spirit that music can bring so easily.  Its awesome the effect that music can play in the lives of someone who doesn't understand how simple it can be.  Its simple but beautiful. 
 
Just to let you know mom I do get your dear elders.  Sometimes they may be all weirdly arranged and not in order but don't worry i can figure them out.  its good to hear how everyone is doing and how they are growing throughout the summer and stuff.  I hope you guys have a good summer and can stay focused on having fun.  I wish so bad that I could go on that trip with you guys.  It sounds like so much fun.  You will be seeing stuff that I may never get to see and thats way cool. 
 
Just a shout out to anybody who reads this email.  Please send letters to any missionaries you know.  I wish I would have known how much of an impact letters can be in the daily life of a missionary.  It can either make or break your day.  I challenge you to take some time out of your day to show the support you have for a missionary and write him a letter about your day.  Nothing long but something that just shows that you care.  We could all use some more lovin no matter who its from or in what form it comes in.
 
Well sleep isn't getting much better.  I got some medication from the doctor and everything went pretty well.  except some nights I would "accidentily" take it too early and soo i would be all drugged up about 15 minutes before I would have to go to bed.  I would say some pretty interesting things.  It was good to get a good laugh out of all the elders in our zone and to help them lighten the mood a bit. 
 
Our progressing investigator is doing alright.  Manuelle keeps reading the book of mormon and he prays about it but he hasn't recieved and answer yet.  We keep challenging him to keep reading and praying about the BOM and Joseph Smith.  It hasn't been easy and I just wish he could just understand everything we tell him.  Usually we end up getting the doctrine wrong or he doesn't understand a concept fully.  I end up just bearing my testimony alot which is good cuz i think it helps him understand how important all the things we teach him can be.  One thing that was weird this week was that we started teaching him a lesson and we forgot to start with a prayer.  You could totally tell the difference.  Nothing went right in our lesson.  The spirit didn't testify of anything we said and nothing felt right.  I certainly have learned that lesson now.  That without the spirit we are nothing.  We are just another voice in the world.  But when we have the power of the spirit on our side having the investigator feel the truth through the spirit everything we say seems to make sense and have a purpose. 
 
Things are going great with me and Elder Varney.  we keep on getting close everyday.  we certainly can work on our spanish a little more thought.  but its ok.... we push eachother and want the other to work harder.  Its probably because we are both so competitive and don't want to be the one that slacks.
 
I wish you guys could feel that spirit that we have here in the MTC.  Its awesome to be able to come so close to the Lord and Jesus Christ as I constantly find ways to help people see the love that God has for them.  I know that through the love of God we have been put on the earth for a reason.  For us to become like our Heavenly Father.  It is his purpose to bring to pass the immortality and eternal happiness and life of man.  I know that we all have agency in our lives.  As we choose to follow the examples of Christ and have those Christlike attritubes in our lives we can feel His love for us.  We had a devotional from Sister Wixum the General Primary President for the Church.  It was kinda weird to be hearing from a primary teacher so most of us went into the devotional a little iffy.  She had us sing this primary song that really hit home to all of us missionaries.  I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I know who I am, I know gods plan. I follow him in faith.  I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ, I follow His ways.  I 'lll do what is right i'll follow His light. His truth I will proclaim. 
 
I know that I do belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I know that God has a plan for us and that through faith in that plan we can return to live with Him again.  I believe that as we all strive to be like the Savior Jesus Christ in posessing charity we can want to best for everyone and learn to love.  I know that we have been called to preach his gospel.  To share the light that God has created through the prophet Joseph Smith to the rest of the world.  I love you all and am so thankful for your support and love.  Keep the faith and never give up.
 
Yo amo mi familia todas las dias para siempre.
 
-Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment