Monday, November 21, 2011

Email 11-21-11

I told him that Hurricane High had won state football this weekend... 

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is soooooooooooooooo awesome................................................... Finally..........................................  We did it!!!! After all those years of work and sweat and more work and more sweat we finally did it and won.  Coach Homer deserves it, and I am so happy for the whole Hurricane community too.

Wow the weeks are just flying by.  I think it must be because..... The weeks are just flying by.  A lot of stuff has happened this week so I’m gonna try and get it all in really quick because I’m running out of time.  Never is there enough time. :D

This last week I had to go and buy a new SD Card player and so we started looking around in our area to try and find something that would be sufficient.  We finally found a place.  It looked a little sketchy but hey it had what I needed.  I tested out what they had and then I'm like ok I’m gonna buy this one.  Good thing it was only about 10 dollars.  So I went home and I was soooo excited to be able to test out my new player so that I can still listen to music while I’m studying.  I get home and I pull it out, throw in the card and nothing happens.  So I plug it into the power, still nothing.  Well, come to find out that as I took the back off of the player to see what was really the problem inside the player,...... there was nothing inside the player to have a problem with.  It was empty.... hahahaha wow...... lesson learned.  Little sneaky Paraguayans. :D

We have found some new people this week that we can teach and it has been good to finally get some lessons in.  We started teaching and found out very fast that when you haven't had to be teaching top golden lessons to people you get out of practice really really fast.  That was a little embarrassing because we wanted to have some good lessons but we really didn't have any direction in any of our lessons.  No matter how hard we tried to get chuggin we just couldn’t get going.  I guess what happened was that I had a billion things on my mind that I wanted to say... and I said it all.  That’s bad..... I didn't ask any questions or do anything right.... ahhhhhhh oh well I guess it’s time to start practicing more.  We found this one woman named Josephina.  She was a reference that we got from one of the members that we eat lunch with.  So we went to her house and we clapped it and she let us in right away.  It was a little weird because when you usually go to a house they don't just let you in and sit down.  You gotta give them a reason for you to stay.  But no she just let us right in and told us to sit down.  She then started telling us that she had some encounters with the missionaries before because her husband is supposedly locked up in Italy and he can't come back or write her.  She knows this through some pastor that her husband had talked to in Italy.  So she said that the United States Government could help her or something like that.  At least that’s what the pastor had said to her.  He told her to talk to the missionaries.  Wow, a pastor actually told someone to talk to the missionaries.  Miracle!!.. anyway,  we told her that we really had no influence at all with the government and that we were only here to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Then she told us that when she woke up that morning that she had prayed to God to find some way that she could be happy and find love again in her house, and what should happen?  Of course the missionaries show up.  Hahaha She is so great.  She said that she is going to a church just because when she is there, she feels like she belongs, in a spiritual sense, but she hasn't baptized herself because she doesn’t feel like it’s the truth.  wow..... Awesome....  

I have been reading a lot in Helaman about what has been happening to the people.  They are prideful.  Their pride leads to contention and then the contention leads to destruction. I have been reading that the reason that the people were destroyed was that they had become like unto their brethren the Lamanites…  "Relying on their own strength”. When we only rely on what we can do as individuals we can do nothing.  It’s just a magnifying glass.  What does a magnifying glass do? It MAGNIFIES things.  It makes things more powerful than they were before, speaking of light refraction, that’s what God is to us.  Through us, He will MAGNIFY His power.  But first we have to really understand that only through His power we can do anything at all.  The moment we forget that without Him we can't do anything, is the moment that we will be destroyed, not killed, well maybe in a spiritual sense, but everything will go wrong in our lives.  Work, family, church, every little aspect that we take for granted will just for some reason go wrong.

We have been giving a lot of service to a hardcore catholic family lately.  And they are such nice people but really don't understand anything about the doctrine of Christ.  But anyway we have been giving them service and in turn they gave us 2 shirts that have things like “I’m a believer” with a picture of Christ and stuff like that.  Stuff that has been showing; in an outward expression that everyone can see, that they believe in Christ.  Also people here like to have their "cross" with them.  To show that they believe.  Yes we as members of the church have these things that we use as outward expressions but we must rely on our ACTIONS to really show to whom we are giving our faith.  Go to church, read the scriptures, do good continually.  You don't have to wear a tie and a shirt and a name plaque to show that you are follower of Jesus Christ.  Just the missionaries :D

I hope you all can see the importance of "showing" your belief, but in the right manner.  I hope that you are changing your life based on your faith and beliefs in Christ.  I hope you can feel the love of the Lord for your every day because He has a lot of love for each and every one of us.
les amo
Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment