Thursday, November 3, 2011

Email 10-31-11

Well, what a week.  This week seemed to just fly by.  I don't know why, but I guess it must mean that we are working hard; so I will just keeping doing that.  Me and Elder Rios have been working really well together this last week.  We have been visiting a lot of less active members to try and "reboost" them into activity.  It has been quite the challenge for us both.  No matter how charming or loving or whatever we do; it seems we just can't seem to get them to commit to coming to church again.  It’s alright.  One of the greatest charlas (talks) that we have had this week with a member was with the family Cabanas.  They are semi active but we wanted to get the rest of their family active again and so we gave them this charla.  We read Alma 5:16.  This chapter "Drops Cane" with repentance.  Its one of my favorites because Alma in this chapter is talking not to the nonmembers but to the members of the church in Zerahemla.  He asks them a lot of questions about how can we stand in the presence of God knowing our guilt and many things like that.  We know that is a little rough and so we picked out the fluffiest verse we could find in that chapter.  16.  It asks if we can imagine in hearing the voice of the Lord saying in that day...  Come blessed.  Because your works have been works of good upon the face of the land.  I really like this scripture and the many others that accompany it; because it goes to show that we can't be justified in doing bad or having excuses just because we are members.  We have to work. Work hard and work long to obtain that glory that we know we can get.  It went very well.  They didn't end up coming to church but it’s alright because I got a good perspective from that scripture.  

The thing that has been really really frustrating at least for me is that me and Elder Rios are doing all we can do to get and find people to be baptized but we can't find anyone.  We have been talking with everyone and we have been teaching with the spirit and we have been asking members and obeying the rules and it’s really really frustrating at least for me.  I could care less how much we walk and how much we work just as long as we get something out of it at the end of the day.  It’s taken me 2 weeks to really see why this is happening.  Yes we are doing all we can do.  I am leaving it all out on the field so to speak.  And yet we don't get good people to teach but it’s a lesson that we must learn.  At least for me.  I have gotten my first baptism and it was a great experience.  But the lesson that I’m learning every day from coming back with not having taught any good people is that God is going to give you a lesson when He is good and ready.  If we aren't getting any good lessons; in at least we are planting the seeds that these people need, in order to bring them closer to Christ.  They all have their own choice.  We can only present the message and pray that the spirit will touch the heart of this person in hopes that they will make the right decision.  If not.  We gave it our all.  I guess I can apply it to track.  Yes, I can train all that I possibly can.  I can watch film to help me better myself.  I can run 400's till I die in practice to make me better.  I can eat healthy and I can sleep well.  But you know, sometimes you just don't take 1st place and you have to just go back and do it all again but better.

It’s been great this last week in that we have been talking with everyone.  I have really noticed that WOW.... I can communicate with these people.  I can speak with them and they can understand me.  What a blessing that is.  After all the work I have put in; learning the language, I am being blessed now.  It just goes to show that as long as we continue to have the hope and faith in God, that He will complete His promises that He will help us with all the things that we need to do.  I hope you all can see the blessings that the Lord is giving you in your lives and that you can be grateful for them.  

I wish you all the best and I hope that you can all have the spirit of the Lord with you in this coming week.  
Yours truly  

Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment