Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Email 11-7-11

November 7, 2011

Wow another week has just flown by and I have no idea what happened to it.

I guess I will just give you a quick lowdown of what has been happening as far as the people we are working with.  Braulio; my first baptism, has been doing great.  We have really been focusing on him with things such as missionary work.  Mostly because we believe he will be the key to the baptisms of all the family that he is living with; which is like 12 people, so that will be cool.  It’s good to see him at church.  He has become good friends with our ward mission leader which is really good because if he has any questions at all Irala can help him out.  Braulio was supposed to bless the sacrament this last week but he said that he wasn't ready so he just passed the sacrament but it was so cool to see him doing it igual.  We have been visiting some of the older investigators as of late, to see if we can get them progressing again.  We visited the two girls who were supposed to get baptized the weekend that I first got here.  They seem like they can progress, but we will have to see how committed we can get them to the gospel again.  We talked with their dad and he said that he wants to unify their family.  Because I guess that everyone in his family is in a different church and so that’s a little tough but it’s kind of his own fault if he didn't take charge of what was going on, but that’s ok we are going to work with him on that.  But all in all we are still looking for good people to teach.  It’s been really hard for us as of late to get really good people to teach.  We have been focusing on really working with the members to get good references but the members aren't too strong to begin with, so we are going to be working with them too.  It’s alright though because it keeps us busy and away from excuses to not work hard.  

As far as being with a Latin comp, Elder Rios has been really cool as of yet.  He has a work hard attitude but when things don't go our way he starts going downhill which is alright because its hard, but then I’ve got to work extra hard to keep his spirits up.  As far as the language goes he has helped me a ton with the random words that I didn't know before and in our practices he has been helping me with my grammar and such which also has been a huge help.  One thing that I have realized is that one of the hardest things that I have ever done is to try to be my own personality in a different language.  It is very very difficult.  For me at least.  I can do it every once in a while but I really have to try.  I guess it will just come in time when my tongue gets a little more fluent with the words.

This last Sunday was testimony meeting and it was really cool.  Besides that Braulio passed the sacrament, all the members that bore their testimonies, all bore them about the effects of this true church and what an impact it’s had in their lives.  In meaning that they have all come from different churches and from different backgrounds but they have all FELT the truth of what this church has to offer.  It was very powerful for me at least because I am so lucky to have been born in the faith, but the testimony of the converts is always a strong one.

I have been reading a lot in the Book of Mormon about the effects of pride on the church.  Every single time that the church would fall away and reject a prophet is when they were brought up in the pride of their hearts.  They set their minds on searching for the glory of men when they forgot from whom all blessings flow.  We can often times forget that what we have, comes from God.  Even though; yes, we work so hard to get what we have, we still have to give thanks to whom all blessings flow.  I hope you all can remember your Father in Heaven and His love for you.  He gives you all our righteous desires.  

I love you all and hope you have the spirit of the Lord with you this coming week.

les amo

-Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment