Monday, November 28, 2011

Email 11-28-11

Wow what a week.  It’s been crazy some of the stuff that has been going on.  Its been getting insanely hot!!!!!!!  I'm not gonna say that I really know but, I have been around the block a few times in Hurricane during the summer when it’s so stinkin hot that you don't really wanna do anything.  But man, Paraguay makes Hurricane feel like an Autumn breeze!!!!!!!!.  hahahah ;D  Nah, but it’s all going good.  We have been doing what we gotta do in living in the heat.  Dang this last week the car wash; that is right next to our house, has been making some financial improvements or something.  I guess they got a HUGE stereo.  REALLY HUGE.  And of course they like to play Paraguayan music when they are drunk.  And it seems that they have lately been getting drunk at 3:30 in the morning for the last week.  So they decided hey "We are super drunk, let’s play our Paraguayan music really loud right now because we are super drunk" so of course they turn that baby up all the way!!!!! It’s just great having an awesome beat to fall asleep to.  Sigh........  I can't say how much I have been praying that I can gain the patience to withstand this stereo so I don't end up just throwing a huge rock at it on accident :D

This week has gone well in teaching people.  We got 2 people to church.  yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Josephina, and Palu.  Josephina is really legit.  She is super sweet and loving and only wants the best for herself and her children.  Her husband is in jail in Italy and so she isn't really in contact with him and so she is super worried.  She tells us that she is looking for a way to find peace and joy in her life right now.  What a better way to find peace and joy than to be baptized right?  Nah.... but really..... hahah We are also working with Palu and very very cool 9 year old.  Seriously I don't know how he does it, but he has all the answers in Primary.  He makes me look like a joke.  He is way legit.  He has been visiting with his Aunt and so we just decided to place a date with him.  It’s sweet because his aunt is the Primary president and so she is helping us out a ton with teaching him.  

This last Sunday was ward conference and so the Bishop told us that we had to get 80 people to church.  Wow...... We normally have to scrimp to even get 30… I was blown away.  But we said we would try.  And guess what? We got 75 people in church!! BOOOOOOYYYAAAAAHHHH It was so cool seeing the chapel all filled with people that I didn't even know were members.  We made sure and talked with them so that we knew them and we could make sure and keep them active.  The Conference went pretty well.  I was playing the piano for the "choir" or I guess you can call it that.  I don't know how to help kids sing.  Boys especially when they sing like they are dead monkeys. I guess it turned out better than the practices we had done before, so that’s good.  

We had a zone conference this last week too.  It was in CDE and so we got to go on bus which was nice.  It wasn't quite as fun as I was hoping because Elder Marple wasn't there; but it’s ok I had Elder Varney :D  We went and we talked about a ton.... of stuff.  It was kinda weird that we hit on so many topics........ Submitting our will to the Lord (Helaman 10), Gospel of Jesus Christ (2 Nephi 31), Goals, Planning.  We did a sweet thing with goals and vision and planning.  President Callan took us out onto the basketball court with the ball.  He is like… what is this? (Pointing to the ball).  It’s a ball. To make it short..... We have to have a vision.... (Win)..... We have to have boundaries on which to work... (Lines).... and we have to have people to help us win.... (Team)...... We then played a game to 2 hahahah I played and scored one shot but then what I didn't know was that there was a kid there who had played for Provo high school and so ya.. he pretty much annihilated us.......  Anyway that was cool.

It’s been great to see all the stuff that we can apply into our own lives from the zone conference.  Not just into our mission.  
I love you all and hope you had a great week in remembrance of what we have.  
Elder Beatty


No comments:

Post a Comment