Monday, November 12, 2012

Email 11/12/12

Hello all,
Wow it just seems like the other day I was writing a letter and it seems like there is nothing new to talk about. Really we are just continuing in the work of the Lord and we are baptizing and teaching everyone we talk to. This week really was a huge test for us but we saw so many miracles. First off we came back from Asuncion on Monday night and we got home super super late because of traffic in Asuncion. We still had to get up the next day and do miracle diviones with our new district leader but we were both dead. I went to an area called barrio 4 that is super close to Franco, where I first started. We had an awesome day. We found 7 new people and we put them all with a baptismal date. Really and they were all pumped to go to church and to know if what we were sharing was true. It was a very very long day but it was full of miracles. The next day we went to a member’s house and we made some burritos. Wow those were so good. The member bought the pork that we were going to use and then during studies we slow cooked it in a sweet sauce that we made and then we took it to his house and ate it later. It tasted just like those burritos from Cafe Rio. The Barbecue Pork ones. It was lucky for us that the Paraguayans don´t really like sweet meat and so they didn´t want to eat much more and we got to take a ton home. AHHhh it was super nice hahaha

Really the whole week, we were working super super hard to just find some “news”. It’s starting to get really really hot here in Paraguay. Like it’s the kind of hot that makes you wonder what you’re doing in the sun. We kept diligent and asked references from everyone, we changed the way we were doing contacts, we asked references from the members, we used tons of new ways to try and find “news” but really nothing worked. We were super discouraged during the whole week because no matter what we did not even one person would let us in their house. I guess right now in CDE there is a huge crisis in the sense that there is no money. Before, what would happen was that all the Brazilians would come into CDE and spend all their money buying cheap goods and the Paraguayans would get the benefit. But now I guess that Brazil has put some huge strict border control and that the people have to pay a teriff on the goods that they bring into Brazil now so pretty much the whole city is becoming deserted and no one is working. I would think that this would allow a great opportunity to come for us in that it would wake up people´s thoughts about what is going to happen to their family in the future or what could they do to control what’s going on. Perfect pitch for the gospel right? But really this whole week I think we talked to over 1 thousand people just in the street and clapping their houses with no luck at all. We did have miracles when we found a few people though. When we found those people, really I would say a prayer of thanks to God for giving us that one person to teach.

After finding that one person I learned a lesson that really I don´t find the people, neither does my companion. It’s the Lord that guides us and He is the one that leads us to those people that are prepared. It took me a whole week of suffering in the sun and on my feet to come to realize that this isn´t my work. I could go for the rest of my mission not finding one single person because I would be trying to do it my way instead of the Lord´s way. I made a promise that I would have more faith in what the Lord can do in HIS work as long as I put in all of my part and try will all my might, mind, and strength to find people to share the gospel. I am truly grateful that I was able to learn this valuable lesson.

The whole week we were teaching our two diamond investigators Liz and Fulgencio. They were just sooooo awesome. The whole week we were calling members every single day and reminding them of the baptisms that we were going to have and trying to let the members all know Liz and Fulgencio. Saturday came and they both got baptized. Our ward mission leader who is a stud set up an awesome dvd presentation with a projector about baptism and had some videos about when Christ was baptized. While we were changing our clothes he had a talk going on by Elder Bednar about how really the journey is only beginning and that we need to continue on the path. We ended up having maybe about 35 members there. It was an awesome baptism and Fulgencio and Liz were sooooo happy. I baptized Fulgencio and another Member Baptized Liz. I am so grateful for the blessing that I have had to come to know them. Really they have shown me that all we need to have is a desire to become closer to Christ so that he can effect a great change within us. On Sunday they both got up and bore their testimonies. Fulgencio couldn´t even talk because he was so astounded by the spirit. After church he received the Priesthood and is going to receive a calling in the Sunday school presidency. Liz is going to receive a calling in the Primary. Wow, Isn´t being a missionary awesome. Just saving souls and making people happy. What could be better?

I know that Christ lives. We don´t have to see Him to know Him. All we have to do is take those little baby steps of obedience that will help us to come to know Him how He really is and really what His purpose is for us. I invite you all to try and be a little bit more obedient this week and see if you can tell the difference in your life. I promise you will be able to come to know our Savior more and that you will be able to feel peace that comes by the spirit. I love you all and hope you have a super awesome week.

Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment