Monday, November 19, 2012

Email 11/19/12

Hello everyone,

Really there is little to report this week that went by. There was a bit of an adventure that we had on Thursday. So Elder Martinez and I had to go to a religious convention while our Mission President was talking. We were going to act something like the APs so that he could have some help if he needed anything done. We got to the school and we set up a cool table with some materials about the church with lots of pictures about the family. It was actually looking to turn out super awesome. The main portion of the convention had just ended and now came the time when the people could go where they wanted to go and listen about a few of the presentations. There was us, One about the Coran, One about the Toran, One about the Bible, and another crazy set of scriptures that I had never even heard of. It was like some sort of flower child group that was based on God and the Nature of the earth. It was really weird. hahaha but when all the people started coming our way my comp just couldn’t take it anymore. He had had a slight fever with diarrhea and nausea. When all the people started walking our way my companion just started throwing up. He looked totally miserable. So what happened after that was that the president and I took my companion to a doctor’s office and we started figuring out what was wrong with him. To find out that he has Bronchitis. Well dang. The doctors said that he would have to rest for up to 4 days without any activity at all. Well that really isn´t what I as a missionary was wanting to hear. For the last 4 or 5 days I have been in the house reading my scriptures and Preach My Gospel, while taking care of Elder Martinez. A few days ago I was thinking that the Lord probably got him sick so that I would learn to love more and to give more service because right now my comp doesn´t even have the strength to get out of bed. It was a little rough for me at first because I am trying to make sure that our investigators can still keep progressing even though I am not visiting them and that they don´t lose their excitement to get baptized as well as I was trying to keep the Zone running by myself and make sure that we finish the month out strong with lots of baptisms. It was very very taxing on me emotionally. I learned that I can´t do it all by myself. I have to do all I can and then learn to rely on the Lord. So that’s what I did. I make phone calls to all our recent coverts and investigators to make sure that they went to church. We got 3 people in church and all of our recent converts went as well. Wow it was a huge miracle. I offered a very very long prayer of gratitude after hearing that they had gone. I know that it was a blessing of the Lord and that I needed to continue to show my faith through the small actions that I can do. I know that its the Lords work and that He will make up for what we can´t do physically if we have the faith to believe. Other than that I am doing good. Just lots of meditating and receiving of revelation as to what we can do to find more “news”. I love you all and hope you have a super awesome fantastic week.

rohaihu che familia

--
Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment