Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Email 11/26/12

Hello all,

Well OLLLOO. Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope that you had a week full of lots of food and fun games and visiting with the family. I sure did have an interesting week more in the sense of things that I got done and things I couldn´t get done. So we found out on Wednesday that the medications that Elder Martinez was taking really weren´t doing anything for him and he needed to take stronger medications and rest even longer. When the doctor told me that he would have to rest for even more time, I was like. O no..........

It’s been a real struggle for me to really learn how to serve and love a companion. I really just wanted to get out and work and not have to worry about my companion. I think that the Lord has really given me a kick in the pants this last week in realizing that I need to treat all people as I would treat Him.

I was sitting there reading a book and I started to think about trying to picture as if Christ was lying on the bed and was suffering, what would I do to help Him? I had to answer myself that I would do anything that He asked me to do.

Then I started reading in the Bible about being called of God and I was reading in John 14 or 15 and it says that we should love each other as He has loved us. Wow. It was practically like a spear into my heart that I need to change my attitude and that I need to learn to just serve others out of the joy in knowing it would be what Christ would do.
I know that now is the time to learn to be humbled and work in the vineyard of the Lord. I love you all and I’m grateful for your prayers and for your love.  
Elder Beatty

No comments:

Post a Comment